Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26, 2007 question

Believe it or not, Barney was created in 1987. A few of you guessed 1988, and I was on the verge of giving you credit until Reg flew in at the last minute hitting the dino right on the nose.

Okay, so here we are. It's Friday. The moment of truth. Why is it the moment of truth? I don't know, I just feel it coming. Why is it, you ask, that truth need last for but a moment? Because really, that's usually as long as we can go without deceiving people.

Am I calling you a liar? No. See how easy that was? I did call you a liar, and denying it was a lie of my own. Some other common lies of which you probably tell at least one a day:
No, nothing's bothering me.
Of course I didn't mean it.
Sure, no problem.
Yes, I'm fine.
No, really, it looks good.
I don't care.
Just kidding.
It's not a big deal.
I just tell it like it is.
I don't mean to be rude, but . . .
I'll pray for you.
I'm full.
I'm sorry.
I don't know what's wrong with me.

I mean, come on . . . no one's ever FULL, we do so love to be rude, we're not fine, we are incessantly bothered by almost everything (because it is a problem), it is a big deal, and if we had it to do all over again, we'd do the exact same thing for which we all apologized to begin with.

Am I being mean today? I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me. I was just kidding. Wait a second . . . I'm supposed to ask a question. Here's a second question (I mean, it's the first question, but it's about secondary stuff):

What is the second largest city in Illinois?

No comments: