Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28, 2008 question

Hey, trivia's back. And according to radiometric dating, it's been 36 million years since the last question. I mean, I don't know exactly what brings on this short rant, but radiometric dating in all its forms has to be the most rancid hoax in the history of time (which, according to the hoaxers themselves, has to be about 7 gajillion years). There is absolutely no reason to believe that any of the dating methods employed by scientists (the stupidest smart people in the world) are anything more than glorified old wives' tales. So, yeah, it's been awhile since I sent a trivia question out, but it hasn't been THAT long.

Moving on, here's who knew that the Qing Dynasty was close on the heels of the Mings: Charles and Islem/Frank (I'm never sure which one is acing these questions . . . I might just go all Entertainment Tonight and call them Frislem). I'll award both winners five points for that, which make them neck and neck in the running for the History gold in the Trivia Olympiad. Here's today's question:

What delayed the Cubs' original attempt to play games under the lights in Wrigley Field?

No comments: