Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009 Question - Out of the Funk

Trivia Funk
Brought to you by George Clinton
I've been in a funk. But today, I'm coming out of it. Here is my trivia pledge:

  • I will send trivia out today. I will try to do it again tomorrow.
  • I will limit my funk to bouncy, heavy-handed bass lines, the emphasis on the down beat, and spasmodic dancing.
  • I will shower.

These are my goals. They are not as lofty as some might expect, but they are not as simple as they seem.

Okay. I'm getting a call on my other brain, so I need to cut this short. Here's some trivia for you.

Today's Question
Funk
Who did James Brown credit as being the first to put the funk in the rock 'n' roll beat?

Previous Answer
And the people who knew it
I think the answer was Cornell. I'm giving credit to the entire month of August. Sorry, August. It wasn't personal.

No comments: