Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1, 2008 question

Whoa! Just got back from being abducted by aliens. They made me build a swing set. By the end of it, I would have preferred the usual probe regimen, but abductees can't be choosers, as the saying goes. The saying is less popular here on earth, but trust me, on the mother ship you get tired of hearing it.

Anyway, here's who knew that sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) mixed with acids of various sorts creates a little something something me and Martha S. like to call baking powder:

Islem
Karen H (the H stands for How Do You Know Martha?)
Karen M (the M stands for My Stylist Was Her Cell Mate)
Heidi

While we're on the subject of household chemistry, here's another question about the elements, as we in trivia are accustomed to covering periodically:

What is number 27 on the Periodic Table of the Elements?

No comments: