Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2, 2009 question - Hemorrhiffic

Conan the Red-Hairy Man
Say that like "barbarian" and it should all make sense
The Conan era has begun on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, which makes sense now that they're calling it that. Conan's first show was received well by everyone but himself (he compared it to "a Backstreet Boys reunion, only not as good"). My favorite part was his cross-country jaunt that included a mad dash past an Amish buggy and a streaker-esque shortcut through Wrigley Field. (Thanks for the clip, hulu.)

I'm glad to see Conan take the reins of the big show, although I truly will miss Jay Leno. I know no one really thinks he's all that funny or talented, but Leno is a great guy who always works hard and never takes himself too seriously. And I'll be darned if I ever watched a "Headlines" segment without belly laughing.

Welcome, Conan. I'll miss you, Jay.

Today's Question
Television
Which Tonight Show host had the longest tenure in the show's history?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
We actually have two days' worth of awards to give out. And all apologies to Karen H, Nancy K, and Mike K, but Kristin and her not-even-all-that-correct Mouseketeering answer won the popular vote and earned her short-lived trivia glory.

And . . . the moment has passed. Yesterday's champs were Maridee, Paul C (the C stands for C-E-A-U-C-E-S-C-U), and Heather M (the M stands for M-I-C-H-A-E-L-O-F-F-E-D-M-O-R-T-I-M-E-R). Congrats on being able to spell hemorrhoids and I hope that hasn't come from experience.

No comments: