Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008 question

Whew . . . I guess I must be suffering from my own version of Odine's Curse. When I go to sleep, I stop sending trivia questions. In actuality, a person so afflicted stops breathing when they sleep, but not in the traditional sleep apnea sense. For someone with this disorder, breathing is no longer involuntary. That is, if you forget to breathe, you die. Crazy, huh? Anyway, here's who knew:

Paul C (the C stands for Choking On Forgetfulness)
Mike K (the K stands for Knock It, Even If You Haven't Tried It)
Karen M (the M stands for Memory Lapse Equals Suffocation)
Heidi
Karen H (the H stands for Hold Your Breath . . . Not That I Have To Remind You)

So you all have one point. Here's a 1.5 point question:

What is the first element (i.e. the one with the lowest atomic number) on the periodic table that is a solid at room temperature (standard temperature and pressure for you engineers . . . and sure, go ahead and correct my word choice)?

No comments: