Thursday, September 25, 2008

September 25, 2008 question

Okay, this is where it gets really tough for me. I'm not an economics major. I didn't particularly grasp economics in high school. I am not good with money. I do not like it when insurance people or salesmen or bankers start explaining economic principles to me. Maybe it's because I'd rather spend money than save it. Maybe it's because I prefer slugging percentage and batting average to the Dow Jones Industrial average. Maybe it's because the whole process seems to work just a little better than astrology.

But as economically challenged as I am, I really don't like what I'm hearing about the government buying the very securities at the epicenter of the American financial Big One from the very people who created them in the hopes that the problem market will eventually just go away. I feel like Superman is buying Lex Luthor's overstocked Kryptonite for $700 billion. My big three questions (finally put into a theme I can feel comfortable with) are: 1) Where is Superman ever going to find someone interested in buying some Kryptonite for $700 billion? 2) How is the Kryptonite not going to kill Superman? 3) What is Lex Luthor going to do with the money?

Alas, beyond that, I'm quite sure I can't come up with an economics question, so that means we're left with:

In the 1986 recreation of the character, what city/town was Lex Luthor's birthplace?

Also, congratulations to these criminally genius brains who knew ectotherms are cold-blooded: Karen M (the M stands for Megalomaniac), Larry, Heidi, Nancy K (the K stands for Krypton), and Karen H (the H stands for Hairless Villain).

No comments: