Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 2009 question

Mondays
Why were we ever born?
If you haven't conversed with anyone yet, allow me to sum up every conversation taking place in every office everywhere: How are your brackets? Are they ruined? Did you check your brackets? You gotta look at my brackets! Guess what? I totally stunk up my brackets. My brackets rock! Are your final four still intact? Mine are. Mine aren't. I'm so gonna win. I need coffee.

And that is what they call a gross generalization.
 
Mondays kinda suck. And that is what they call gross reality. But you know what? There's always the distraction of the so-called trivial.

Today's Question
Literature
In which of these novel titles is the word the errantly included?
A. The Catcher in the Rye
B. The Kite Runner
C. The Life of Pi
D. The Secret
E. The Shack
 
Friday's Answer
And the people who knew it
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the first presidential face to grace the screen of a television (and the breaking news is that there was a show on last night that actually did not feature Obama's face . . . finding him on TV is starting to become like finding Hitchcock in his own movies). Here's who knew:
Melinda
Konrad
Steve J (the J stands for Just Kidding . . . There Weren't Any Obama-Free Shows. I Kid, Barack, I Kid!)

 
Great work, all of you. Now get back to your Monday!

No comments: