Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27, 2009 question

Chicagolympics?
Windy City Win or El on Earth?
IOC officials will soon visit Chicago to review its candidacy for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Now, Chicago is my favorite city in the world. And the Olympics are my favorite quadrennial multi-sport international event. But I'm a little back and forth on whether I want the Olympics to blow into the Windy City.

The main pro: maybe I would get to attend an actual Olympic event for the first time in my life.

The main con: I really don't want people to start calling Chicago the Silver Medal city.

But I want to know what you think. Be it serious, playful, or just downright wrong, I invite you to please complete either or both of these sentences:

I want the Olympics to be held in Chicago because . . .

I do not want the Olympics to be held in Chicago because . . .

I'll post my favorites here on Monday. If no one responds, I will make some up and arbitrarily assign them to you.

Today's Question
Boredom
According to the U.S. Mint, a penny weighs 2.5 grams (or 2.5 grams per cent); a nickel weighs 5 grams (or 1 gram per cent). Of dimes, quarters, and half dollars, in which coin does one cent weigh the most (which has the highest gram per cent rating)?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
Bangladesh . . . did I ask this question before? Because y'all were all over the answer. Here's who knew (sorry if I forget anyone . . . it's a rather long list of geniuses):

Heidi
Heather M (the M stands for Mash The Dish)
Gopal
Paul S (the S stands for Slam The Dish)
Charles
Mike K (the K stands for Kick The Dish)
Nancy K (the K stands for Knee The Dish)
Steve J (the J stands for Jingle The Dish)
Karen H (the H stands for Hang The Dish)
Steve T (the T stands for Turn The Dish Upside Down And Give It One Of . . . These, And Another One Of . . . Those)
Konrad


Way to know.

No comments: