Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20, 2007 question

Let's get this out of the way: Karen H (the H stands for How In The World?) knew that a bowling alley is 60 feet long from the foul line to the center of the head pin. She was the first to respond and the only to get it right, and if you aren't impressed by A) the precision of her knowledge or B) the sheerness of her luck or C) the education of her guess, then you, my friend, have no soul. I can assume, however, that you do have a soul and that you are, therefore, impressed as I am.

Now I have to confess I have had precious little to comment on outside of the world of trivia questions and answers, and I'm not entirely sure why that is. I can usually trust myself to have an opinion on just about anything no matter how ill-informed that opinion may be. And I'm usually pretty reliable about voicing said opinions eagerly and volubly, if not valuably. So why the sudden momentum of mum? Who knows.

Maybe it's because I find myself, as the media are, interested solely in the democratic presidential candidates. Maybe it's because Chicago sports teams are causing me to shut down emotionally. Maybe I'm a man . . . maybe I'm a lonely man who is in the middle of something that he doesn't really understand. Whatever it is, I'm ready to break out, and here's my opinion that has for too long lain dormant:

Stop complaining about Mattel and the Chinese, and start telling your stupid kids to stop eating their toys. There, I said it. Here's today's question:

How many stars are on the flag of China?

Answer: 5

Today's Winners: Melinda, Karen H (the H stands for Hong Kong), Charles, and Neil

No comments: