Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 28, 2007 question

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Wait til I get going! Where was I?

Australia.

Yes, Australia. You must have suspected that I would know the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You're only stalling now.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you! You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So you could have put the poison in your own goblet, relying on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You're trying to trick me into giving something away. It won't work.

But it already has worked. You've given everything away!* I know where the poison is!

Then make your choice.

I will. And I choose . . . what in the world could that be?

Some people got close, but I can clearly not give credit for close. I'm sorry. No apprentice this year. Here's today's question(s):

Is a lightning rod more or less likely to be struck by lightning than a tower of the same height in the same conditions?

AND

Bonus points to anyone who knows what other 80s fantasy movie I quoted in italics.

*That's as far as I could get without looking it up.

*That's as far as I could get without having to look it up.

No comments: