Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14, 2008 question

Yesterday, Karen H (the H stands for Heart You), Daniel, Reg, Larry, Kelly, Kristin, Heather M (the M stands for Mine Be, Yoda Love You Does), and Jean all knew that the whole "I cannot tell a lie, I chopped down the cherry tree" story was, ironically enough, a big fat lie told by Parson Weems in his book of George Washington worship. Congrats to you all on your trivial integrity.

Now, since it's Valentine's Day, I've decided to include you all in to what is normally a private undertaking here in my So-Called Office. The Fact or Crap daily calendar challenge. Each day I canvas the people who happen to be in the office at the time and we vote on whether the statement of the day is fact or . . . well, you know the name of the game. And since Valentine's Day is all about the love, there will be no individual credit. We will vote and either succeed as a group or fail as a group. Your vote counts, and I will count them all this afternoon to let you know how we voted and how we fared. Here is the statement:

In 1956, Hallmark founder Joyce Hall attempted to trademark Valentine's Day.

Fact or Crap?

No comments: