Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9, 2008 question

Steve T (the T stands for Tell That Ball Goodbye) and Daniel both answered S. Oh to yesterday's question, to which I reply, "Soh what?" Sorry. I've been sitting on that one for a day. Hasn't gotten any funnier, I just needed to let it out. Sadaharu Oh is the all-time professional baseball home run champion, with 868 career home runs. All of them were hit in Japan, but they still count. Way to go, Steve and Dan. You are today's trivia kings.

Now, a recent Harris poll showed that the Bible is America's favorite book. Of course that's what people are going to say if you ask them. Who is going to put the Bible number two on their list, even if they do never read it? Maybe people answered genuinely, but I doubt pollsters were allowed to say, "You know, if you say Harry Potter, lightning won't strike you." They can't say it, partly because it would taint the results, and partly because they can't guarantee it won't happen. They're not sure what the Bible says about lightning strikes, because they don't read the Bible. But that's okay. You can't stop people from giving the Sunday School answer. Don't get me wrong, the Bible is my favorite book, I swear on it. But . . . I don't know, I guess I just don't trust the results, especially since Gone with the Wind ranked #2. How recent was this poll anyway? Okay, enough. Here's today's question:

Which of the following people has NOT been a Sunday School teacher?

A. Stephen Colbert
B. Margaret Hamilton (the Wicked Witch of the West)
C. Theodore Roosevelt
D. Charles M. Schulz
E. Dick Van Dyke
F. They all have taught Sunday School

No comments: