Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009 question: But Seriously

If I Could Just Get Serious for a Moment
. . . but I can't.
The news just ain't doing it for me today. There's sports stuff to talk about. Or Idol. But overall this day just feels so boring. Maybe it's because Obama left the country and took our mojo with him. I just haven't been this far from Barack since he took office, and I just don't know what to do with myself.

I guess I'll just sit here and cry. Or . . . I could just take comfort in knowing that there doesn't necessarily need to be anything to be distracted from in order for trivia to be a pleasant distraction. So I'll just let the crickets chirp for awhile, and then I'll get on to the question.

Cricket.

Today's Question
Cricket
In what year was the inaugural Cricket World Cup held?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
Before he was posthumously doling out awards bearing his name, Joseph Pulitzer fought in the American Civil War and did his fair share of newspaper work. Karen H (the H stands for Honor In Reporting) and Heather M (the M stands for Mudslinging Yellow Journalists) both knew, given some time to think about it. You are both awarded the Pulitzer Prize of Trivia. Kudos.

No comments: