Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24, 2009 question - CHI-Jinx

Spoke Too Soon
My kind of losing streak
Since my celebratory email on Monday rejoicing in the glorious weekend of winning, my Chicago teams have won precisely one game. Thank God it's the weekend again (yes, I'm counting today as the weekend in the hopes that words that begin in W's conjure up some wins).

If you look on the bright side, of course, you'll realize that there's more to life than sports. If, however, sports is the best thing you've got going . . . well, I hope you've been rooting for someone other than Chicago. Yikes.

Happy Friday anyway.

Today's Question
History
What two countries were joined under the reign of the Jagiellon Dynasty?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
Wow. Either I've asked this question before or you're all just really smart about your folksy guitar bands. Or both. Plenty of you knew that The Byrds were always fronted by Roger McGuinn. Here's who:

Heather M (the M stands for McGenius)
Larry
Steve T (the T stands for Turn, Turn, Turn)
Micaela
Jocelyn


Rock on with your Byrd-loving selves.

No comments: