Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22, 2009 question - Earth's Belly Button

You Say It's Your Earth Day
It's my Earth Day too.
Earth Day is a day when we can all spend a little more time on Earth and a little less time wasting our energy and affection on other planets. Sure, we don't yet have a day dedicated to the Moon, but we celebrate the Sun every week. And I'm sure we'll commemorate the day of Pluto's death on some kind of annual basis. And sometimes every day feels like it's from Mars.

But today, you're the only planet I care about, Earth. I'm setting aside my love letters to Venus, my Mercurial musings, and any rhyming philosophies about why girls go to Jupiter. As usual, I'm gonna try not to even think about Uranus, but I'll try twice as hard today.

Unfortunately, you're infested with humans, so . . . you're screwed.

Today's Question
Geology
According to geologists, what element comprises the overwhelming majority of the earth's core?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
I suppose it's only fitting that on Earth Day we reveal the anniversary of National Geographic's first publication. Here's who knew: Steve T (the T stands for This Time It's Deja Vu All Over Again), Karen H (the H stands for Have Every Issue), and a special second-guess consolation prize to Diannalee for almost guessing it. :)

No comments: