Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 7, 2009 question - Go Cubs Go

We're Singing
Go, Cubs, Go
Okay, so I didn't jinx Opening Day. Cubs win 4-2. All is right with the world. But I can't go a whole season without mentioning the Cubs. Or could I? Have I been jinxing every season by talking about the Cubs? I guess we'll never know. Oh, no! Now I've jinxed them by insinuating that the Cubs will never win and thus be able to disprove my jinxing theory!

Superstition is such an unbecoming ubiquity.

Today's Question
Baseball . . . yes, BASEBALL!
To what did the Cleveland Bluebirds change their team name in 1902 after Nap Lajoie became the team's biggest star?

Yesterday's Answer
And the people who knew it
Hippos have 36 teeth, but the handful of really big ones catch your attention. And I want to thank you all for guessing so generally wide of the mark in both directions, which made crowning a winner a mathematical achievement. But, if my tallies are to be believed (and Jessie would be inclined to say they are not, since I overlooked her, yesterday) Diannalee is today's winner. Congratulotamus.

No comments: